This website is a collection of design lessons from Australia’s first ever sightless escape room. It’s my hope that by sharing the knowledge gained in building my own sightless escape room, other escape room designers can build and improve on these ideas. At the time of writing, many escape rooms aren’t playable by people who are blind or have low vision. Let’s change that.
- ABOUT: What is a sightless escape room?
- GETTING STARTED: Themes and making your players comfortable.
- ROOM LAYOUT: How players navigate the room itself.
- TACTILE DESIGN: How to design puzzles for touch.
- AUDIO DESIGN: Audio for narrative and puzzle design.
- END TO END: Access from start to finish.
- BUSINESS CASE: How sightless rooms are affordable.
- RESOURCES: Organisations and other essential resources
- GOALS: How you can use all this information.
- CONTACT: Email us