This website is a collection of design lessons from The Owl Job – Australia’s first ever sightless escape room that ran in 2019 and 2020. It’s my hope that by sharing the knowledge gained in building my own sightless escape room, other escape room designers can build and improve on these ideas. At the time of writing, many escape rooms aren’t playable by people who are blind or have low vision. Let’s change that.
- ABOUT: What is a sightless escape room?
- TACTILE DESIGN: How to design puzzles for touch
- END TO END: Access from start to finish
- RESOURCES: All the links mentioned
- AUDIO DESIGN: Audio for narrative and puzzle design
- BUSINESS CASE: How sightless rooms are affordable
- GETTING STARTED: Themes and making your players comfortable
- ROOM LAYOUT: How players navigate the room itself
- GOALS: How you can use all this information.